👋 WHO WE ARE
Skillit’s mission is to build the world’s best employment experience for the people who build our world. Our recruitment platform provides construction companies with access to a growing database of qualified skilled workers and a suite of worker-first hiring tools that use rich datasets and powerful algorithms to generate increasingly better recruiting outcomes for everyone. Trusted by thousands of the nation’s most skilled workers and top contractors, Skillit is quickly becoming the way the nation’s skilled trades get hired.
🚀 ABOUT THE ROLE
As the CTO you will be the lead of Skillit’s engineering organization. You will work with the executive team to define key business objectives and then build the team, tooling and processes to deliver against those goals.
🏋️♀️ WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Determine the appropriate technologies / platforms / services best suited for long and short term growth of the company in general and engineering org in specific.
- Craft a software development life cycle that maximizes product throughput, minimizes bugs and gives developers ownership in their work.
- Determine the size and composition of the engineering team(s) necessary to deliver on our organizational goals.
- Work with the executive team to shape corporate strategy, growth and resource planning.
- Help to define and promote our company culture. Create a workplace where everyone feels ownership in their work; is properly challenged, supported and inspired.
🧬 WHO YOU ARE
- Technical: You love technology because it gives you the superpower to change the world around you. You relish in leveling up with new platforms / technologies / services.
- Social: You enjoy collaborating with others to understand a problem and explore / compare solutions.
- Entrepreneurial: You enjoy smaller work environments where you get to wear multiple hats. You like that what you get out of your work is directly tied to what you put in.
- Experienced: You have done this before. You were there in the early days of a web startup and saw the team and business grow. Maybe you were a technical co-founder, maybe you were one of the first 10 hires but you were there when the first major client came in and you were there when the early investors cut checks.
💛 INVESTING IN YOU
- Generous equity grants
- Health, vision & dental insurance
- $1,000 home-office stipend
- Unlimited paid vacation (& Birthdays off!)
- Personal and professional skills development allowance
- Personalized parental leave with full pay, vesting & benefits
💰 INVESTING IN ALL OF US
Our investors include the world’s leading real estate and construction technology funds including Building Ventures, MetaProp Ventures, Holt Ventures, 1Sharpe Ventures, Great North Ventures and Romulus Capital.
Apply to Skillit
"*" indicates required fields